Standards for the Education, Competence & Professional Conduct of Educators in British Columbia
Click on the links below to see evidence illustrating how I have met each of the the standards.
- Standard 1: Educators value and care for all students and act in their best interests.
- Standard 2: Educators are role models who act ethically and honestly.
- Standard 3: Educators understand and apply knowledge of student growth and development.
- Standard 4: Educators value the involvement and support of parents, guardians, families and communities in schools.
- Standard 5: Educators implement effective practices in areas of classroom management, planning, instruction, assessment, evaluation, and reporting.
- Standard 6: Educators have a broad knowledge base and understand the subject areas they teach.
- Standard 7: Educators engage in career long learning.
- Standard 8: Educators contribute to the profession.
Notice of Incompleteness
As teacher, I am always growing and developing (as per Standard 7) so this is best viewed as a living, changing record as opposed to some complete document.